Ryan Adams - Dirty Rain

Last time I was here it was raining   It ain't raining anymore  
The streets were drowned and the water's waning   All the ruins washed ashore  
I'm just looking through the rubble   Trying to find out who we were 
Last time I was here it was raining   It ain't raining anymore 

Last time I was here you were waiting   You're not waiting anymore  
The windows broke and the smoke's escaping   A book's scattered across the floor 
And the church bells ringing through the sirens   And your coat was full of bullet holes 
Last time I was here you were waiting    You ain't waiting anymore
 

So May the wind blow   May the moonlight know your name  
So Let the needle move the record 'round til the walls cave in  
And you and I are out there dancing in the dirty rain
 
Last time I was here it was raining   Like you ain't ever seen it rain 

And your eyes were filled with terror   and smoke from the gasoline 
As the stars exploded with gunfire   I saw you smiling just before 
Last time I was here you were crying   You're not crying anymore
 

So May the wind blow  May the moonlight know your name 
So Let the needle move the record 'round til the walls cave in  
And you and I are out there dancing in the dirty rain 
Mmmm dirty rain In the dirty rain

Post più popolari